+1-888-308-5802     
News Contact Us

Temasek & StarHub set up Asia’s largest pure-play cybersecurity firm

Author : Shikha Sinha | Published Date : 2018-09-06 

Singapore’s Temasek Holdings has reportedly announced to have formed a joint venture, named as Ensign InfoSecurity, with telecommunications giant StarHub Ltd. As per trusted sources, Ensign InfoSecurity will be one of the biggest cybersecurity firms in Asia.

A press release by StarHub stated that the company will merge its subsidiary Accel Systems and Technologies (ASTL) and Cyber Security Centre of Excellence with Temasek’s Quann to set up the joint venture.

Reportedly, Ensign will be headed by Lee Fook Sun who is presently the chairman of Singapore Building and Construction Authority and Executive Chairman of Quann. Sources familiar with the development claim that Ensign would employ about 500 cyber-security specialists and the firm would provide services to government and enterprise customers.

Temasek would own a majority stake of 60% in Ensign while StarHub would hold the remaining 40%. Apart from transferring 100% shares of ASTL, StarHub is likely to pay $36 million for its stake in Ensign, cite sources.

According to a report published by The Straits Times, Ensign has agreed to purchase certain cyber-security related assets of StarHub in a $120 million deal. Reportedly, StarHub will receive $16 million in cash and the remaining amount would be provided through the allotment and issuance of $104 million Ensign shares at an issue price of $1 per share.

Lee Fook Sun was reportedly quoted stating that Ensign will integrate the expertise of its founding partners and develop new abilities to ensure its clients have the strongest cyber-defense capabilities. He further mentioned that Ensign is fortunate to be backed by a strong team to enhance its capabilities and take on market opportunities.

According to sources familiar with the development, the company further plans to expand its focus on cyber analytics, development of global threat intelligence centers and setting up cyber-security R&D labs. Ensign confirmed that it would generate more than $100 million in revenues annually in cyber-security solutions, managed services, and system integrations, cite sources.

About Author

Shikha Sinha

Shikha Sinha

Shikha Sinha currently pens down content for fractovia.org, a news platform which provides the latest business highlights and industry trends. Shikha also is a contributor on various other online media websites where she writes informative, research-oriented content spanning the retail, healthcare, F&B, and technology sectors. As her first stint in writing, Shikha was an active contributor on Yahoo Voices where she penned down creative and imaginative pieces. She holds a Bachelor of Technology degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. She can be contacted at- [email protected] | https://twitter.com/shikhas999

Related News

Clio raises $250 million in a Series D funding by TCV and JMI Equity

Published Date: 2019-09-06         Author: Shikha Sinha

The cloud-based legal technology startup hits a historic mark in future of legal industry with this investment. Clio, a leading legal software company has recently announced that it has bagged US$250 million in Series D funding from American equity firms JMI Equity and TCV. According to sour... Read More

Co-working firm Spacious the latest in WeWork’s acquisition spree

Published Date: 2019-08-29         Author: Shikha Sinha

New York-based co-working business, The We Company, formerly known as WeWork, has today announced its acquisition of rival start-up Spacious. The company, formed three years ago, is focused on converting restaurants closed during the day into efficient spaces for co-working. WeWork is a part of many... Read More

SoftBank in talks to invest $150M in Dailyhunt and $400M in Lenskart

Published Date: 2019-08-27         Author: Shikha Sinha

SoftBank is expected to lead a $250 million round with private equity major Carlyle for Dailyhunt   South American conglomerate Synergy Group also hopes to invest in India’s Jet Airways. SoftBank Group Corp., a Japanese multinational conglomerate, is reportedly in talks to clo... Read More

© 2020 Fractovia. All Rights Reserved