+1-888-308-5802     
News Contact Us

SIIC environment forms a new joint venture firm with Baowu Environment

Author : Pankaj Singh | Published Date : 2019-09-30 

Climate change has had an adverse effect on the environment. With glaciers shrinking, trees flowering sooner and plant and animal ranges shifting; it is high time for everyone to think about their carbon footprints. Various organizations and countries have signed agreements to reduce their respective carbon emissions, in an effort to fight climate change.

SIIC Environment Holdings is one such organization that is aggressively working on waste management and developing energy from renewable sources among others, which will help in reducing the global carbon emissions. Recently SIIC formed a new joint venture (JV) firm with Baowu Environment with a registered capital of 1.1 billion yuan which is S$198.9 million.

Reportedly, Baowu Environment is an independent third party environmental pollution treatment firm that is a division of the China Baowu Steel Group Corporation.

According to reliable sources, the new venture would be known as Shanghai SIIC Baojin'gang Environmental Resources Tech Co Ltd. The new JV company’s business activities would include waste management, the sale and processing of slag products and power generation.

Additionally, the JV intends to allow SIIC to grow its WTE (waste-to-energy) business and discover potential waste-to-energy business prospects in Shanghai. The venture will also let the firm to better cater to urban industrial zones in functional escalation and transition.

The JV was formed through the group’s indirectly-owned business unit, SIIC Yangtze Delta. The deal would see the unit acquire a 60% equity worth 660 million yuan. Baowu Environment, meanwhile, would acquire the remaining 40% stake in the JV, worth 440 million yuan.

SIIC Environment commented that it believes the deal is fair and reasonable and inked on normal commercial terms.

The firm recently made headline when it announced that it has signed a deal for concession rights for its Dalian city’s Dalian Wan Wastewater Treatment Plant project concerning water tariff surge in China. The facility boasts of a cumulative design capacity of over 40,000 tons per day.

Meanwhile, Fudan Water Engineering and Technology Co, a division of SIIC, also inked a supplementary deal on concession rights for its 90,000 tons per day Ningbo Hangzhouwan New District Wastewater Treatment Plant Project.

The JV deal is not anticipated to show any material effect on the group’s earnings per share or on its net tangible assets in this fiscal year.

Source Credit: https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/siic-environment-sets-up-199m-joint-venture-for-waste-to-energy-business

About Author

Pankaj Singh

Pankaj Singh

Endowed with a post graduate degree in management and finance, Pankaj Singh has been a part of the online content domain for quite a while. Having worked previously as a U.K. insurance underwriter for two years, he now writes articles for fractovia.org and other online portals. He can be contacted at- [email protected] | https://twitter.com/PankajSingh2605

Related News

ConocoPhillips to sell interests in Australia-West for $1.39 Billion

Published Date: 2019-10-14         Author: Pankaj Singh

The business world is in a need for strong partnerships and investments to drive new projects and stimulate energy resource as efficiently as possible. Acquisition with another companies can add efficiency at every stage of the energy value chain. However, with growing need for investment in new ene... Read More

Chinese citizens to counter facial recognition for internet access

Published Date: 2019-10-12         Author: Pankaj Singh

In this digital and interconnected world, biometric technologies have emerged as the most secure form of authentication. With the advent of biometric technologies, the world is moving towards better security and protection. Today, facial recognition is efficiently used by numerous multinational orga... Read More

Forward Networks raises $35 million in Series C investment round

Published Date: 2019-10-11         Author: Pankaj Singh

Security breaching and other related activities which cause network outages and surges are all growing across enterprises. Various technology companies across the globe are increasingly working towards the development and growth of a better security for networks to prevent such security breaches and... Read More

© 2019 Fractovia. All Rights Reserved